How to start a blog from zero to hero
1 | Choosing a name for your blog
- The + Color + favorite thing (The purple book, The yellow elephant, The pink beer, etc)
- The + gender + who + verb (The girl who paints, The guy who cooks, etc)
- Your name (if you’re a coach blogger, go for this one)
- Just + your name or your niche (JustMaria or JustKitchen)
- A wordplay ( the name of my studio comes from the obvious “very nice”, you think? It actually came from the name Berenice, a Magikarp)
2 | Buying the domain for your blog
3 | Renting a space for your blog
4 | Installing WordPress.org
5 | Choose a theme for your blog
WordPress comes with a few themes that are A-ok to start. But it’s like moving in without painting the house. It’s much easier to do it now that you have no furniture inside than later…
But, if you want to try a lot of WordPress themes to choose the best one, instead of looking for a free one, just go to Envato Elements, sign up for a month and cancel before the end of the month. It costs $16.50 per month and you can download everything you need, not just themes. Click here to go to the themes page.
If you want a super cheap theme that comes with WPBakery (former Visual Composer) here it is The 7 Theme – super customizable. I tested and used this theme in 4 websites for 2 years.
Another way to find a theme you like, just go to a blog that you love and if they are using WordPress, copy and paste their address in this link: https://whatwpthemeisthat.com. Then, you can start from somewhere. And don’t worry about copying the theme because so many people using the same themes all the time. It’s the way you customize it that makes it unique.
Download the theme you want to try, it comes in a zip file (don’t unzip)
To install a theme is very simple, just go to your admin area at WordPress
Then go to Appearance >> Themes >> Add New